Fishing the tiny River Medlock and beyond

Fishing the tiny River Medlock and beyond

Sunday 15 April 2012

On your bike....

Which is exactly what I did this Wednesday, down the canal towards Manchester from Droylsden Marina. Well that was the plan. Firstly I arrived at the marina to find I had left my reel at home so had to pedal home to retrieve it. When I arrived back to the canal the heavens opened and it rained on and off for half an hour. My intention was to pedal to town stopping at likely looking spots trying to lure a few pike.
Anyway the furthest I got was Fairfield road , about 300 yards, as I got chatting to an angler who was also struggling to find a fish. After an hour of fishing talk I decided today was one of those days where you don't really get going. So it was off home, without a catch to post. Never mind theres always weekend and the Salford Friendly match at Drinkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment