Fishing the tiny River Medlock and beyond

Fishing the tiny River Medlock and beyond

Thursday 14 July 2011

Mixed fortunes

A return trip to the Irwell saw me in the City centre a little more organised and ready to catch my biggest net of chub yet. With only one other angler in sight ( the chap below) I baited up the swim and began trying to build another huge net.
What I hadn't banked on was the shoal of Chub had moved elsewhere, and three hours into the session I only had one trout of about 1lb to show for my efforts. Just goes to show nothing is predictable in this game. However as I decided to wrap it up and packed my gear away I did have one stroke of luck. In the mud , dirty but in one piece was a £20 note. Not a fortune but it sponged up well with some soapy water and an hour or two on the radiator. More than covered the cost of the bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment